There’s a lot of things I want for you, but the main one is this – never get “stuck”.
Be free and happy
I know this is one of your favourite words at the moment, but please never get stuck in life.
Especially don’t get stuck in a job. It’s simply not worth it. And before you know it, half your life will be over and you haven’t used most of your talents or spent nearly as much time with your family as you wanted.
Be strong and creative
By this I’m not saying that you must never get a job or live off other people’s hard work.
I’m simply saying:
- Make sure that you never have to sit bored out of your mind in an office somewhere, simply for the sake of having a job to pay the bills.
- It’s true that you need work experience, especially when you first finish studying. But keep on studying and learning whatever you can from who you can, especially successful business people.
- Develop an entrepreneurial spirit and think long term.
- I want you to feel empowered and motivated. You should believe enough in yourself to take your destiny into your own hands.
- I want you to think anything is possible and that you will be able to accomplish it.
- Know that you may sometimes fail, but that your parents’ door will always be open.
- Never be afraid. It is fear of the unknown that often kills entrepreneurial spirit.
- Remember that each day brings new possibilities. I don’t want you to ever be in a position where you sit in a boring job, just waiting for the days to pass. This will be like a slow death for your strong and independent spirit.
If you ever do get stuck, please make sure that you don’t stay like this for too long. Work to get yourself out of this situation, while you still have some motivation and zest for life. Don’t become a mindless drone.
I’m sure you will do very well and get everything you want in life. Already, at the age of two, you have the demeanour of a hard-headed and determined entrepreneur.
You’re a cheeky one and you will be a leader some day. I’m looking forward to see you grab life by the horns.