The countdown to the Christmas holiday has started, even though we are still hectically busy at work.
This year I really need a Christmas holiday. Sometimes it feels like I’ve aged 10 years over the past year.
This Christmas holiday:
- I’m going to try to go out as little as possible and avoid the hustle and bustle of the shops. I need a break from humanity. 😛 We have a pool and braai area, so no reason to go out.
- I look forward to spending as much quality time as possible with my husband and son. Life during the year is simply often too hectic.
- I do look forward to spending time with family for Christmas and New Year.
- I will not spend a lot of money on gifts, as it’s about the time you spend together.
- I will leave the house to watch The Hobbit, since it’s the last opportunity to do this. Hopefully an exciting new holiday movie franchise will take its place.
- I will start a routine to take better care of myself. I want to eat healthier and try to get as much exercise as possible. I’ve realised that I need to take care of myself as well if I hope to continue taking care of my family. The hard part will be keeping this up when I go back to work. 😛
For Christmas 2014, I also want to take the time to appreciate the fact that my life is a work in progress and that like all working mothers, I’m doing the best I can with limited time and sometimes under challenging circumstances.
I hope all working mothers out there have a relaxed holiday season. Remember that it is about recharging for 2015 and spending time with your families. Don’t stress about preparing the perfect Christmas for your children, they’re just glad to have you around.