I have an intense desire to do my work in a way which I perceive to be right and efficient.
Recently I became aware that this way of thinking and being may be misconstrued. This forced me to consider some aspects of my personality.
Obsession with being efficient
Believe me, none of this is intentional. I simply have this obsession with being efficient and I’m not even a perfectionist or workaholic. You’ll never find me up at 12 at night, proofreading those work documents yet again.
I’m actually not too sure why completing the project efficiently is good enough for me, while other people may want an increase or bonus to reaffirm their good work. This is just the way I’m wired.
It might also have to do with my social style/personality type of being a driver.
I’m the results focused driver who focuses on the end result and getting the job done. Being efficient and completing a project successfully is the most satisfying aspect of the job for me.
Characteristics of the driver
- We want the job done efficiently in the shortest possible time.
- We work quickly and effectively.
- We don’t have time for nonsense and we’re not interested in what we consider to be petty arguments.
- We don’t want to know about people’s emotional issues and problems. We want answers and solutions.
- We are very determined people who will run a project with an iron fist and finish on schedule.
Apparently I will also make a very good dictator. I wish to differ with this one, as I do believe in free will and free speech, but under the right circumstances, who knows… 😛